Monday, May 16, 2011

Ugh.

Exactly one week to go until my first exam. Mathematics C1. Wow. A-Levels.

It's quite weird looking back on your own life and realizing how fast a lot of it has gone. I remember specific moments in my life and thinking, "wow, i'll never be in Year 4" or "I'll never drive a car" or "I'll never drink alcohol" etc. Although this kind of post and trail of thought sounds rather self-fulfilling and makes me sound up my own arse just thinking about the fact that I'm growing up is rather hallowing.
(on a side note, best thing about Toy Story franchise is the whole idea of growing up, and forcing children to face the idea of mortality both in Andy and in the toys)

In under a month I will have finished my AS examinations and will be looking toward getting a job, looking at Universities, possibly a job, then onto the rest of my life.

Oh well, to infinity and beyond...

25 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you. Time goes so fast, just yesterday it feels like I was in HighSchool but here I am a Junior in Uni...

    ReplyDelete
  2. finishing my finals this week then graduating college. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time seems to speed up when you're in college.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all feel the same way at one point of another T.T Good luck with the rest of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is to infinity and beyond, life starts getting awesome right about where you're at :D
    Good luck with the exam mate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aim high on C1, makes it easier when you get into all the integration crap in C4.

    You'll be all good mate.

    Following :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. w3l.c0m3 to the "real life".

    ReplyDelete
  8. before you know it, you'll have 6 kids a mortgage and depression =P hahah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck bro. I'm doing exams myself at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in exactly the same position as you, got my core 1 next wednesday... Good luck!
    Great post, followed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds dreadful. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There should be a scientific study of when the tipping point of 'god, I wish I were older!' & 'god, I wish I could stop aging!' occurs. I theorize its the first time you get a bill in your name, & begin to notice your wrinkles.

    Good blogging so far, I'll be following!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really like the toy story analogy. Good luck with the exams and I suppose growing up hurts but trading age for wisdom isn't always bad. Following.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meh life sucks like that but what are you going to do? Toy story does give a very good description of that feeling though. Following.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah I got two weeks until my GED test then I have to start looking at college. 13 grand a year though :/

    ReplyDelete
  16. if you succeed in maths youll succeed in most other challenges life has to offer...

    ReplyDelete